Friday, August 18, 2017

Baptisms are the Best!


Last Saturday we were able to attend a father/daughter baptism.  Oh, how sweet it was!  There is nothing better than becoming part of the Savior’s family and making covenants to keep His commandments.



 On Tuesday we had a youth activity at our house. 


Kacie started school this week.  She takes the subway.  It takes her close to an hour to walk to the subway, wait for the blue line, transfer to the orange line and then walk to the school.  She is a trooper!

This week was transfers.  We received 5 new missionaries and sent 9 Elders home.  It was BIG!  It included a lot of training, interviews and meals.



The lady on the left comes to help me with meals during transfer week.  Being the first time, I wasn’t sure how it worked.  I thought that maybe I was just supposed to stay out of her way, but that was not the case.  I am the apprentice in Japanese cuisine.  Language is a little bit of an issue, but she shows me what to do and I do it.

There is a tradition for the departing missionaries to have a fancy Sukiyaki dinner and testimony meeting the night before they leave. 



As of this writing, these 9 elders are on their way home.  Wow, what a week!!


1 comment:

  1. Sister McClure, I especially enjoyed seeing the photos of you and the sister preparing the transfer meals. Here in our mission I am over the transfer dinners! We have a dinner at the mission home for the missionaries who are headed home and the next day we have the dinner for all the new arrivals from the MTC. The mission home is in our ward, just a few blocks from our home. It is such a privilege to prepare and serve for them. Elder Goodwin was a few weeks from his mission when I was called and helped to set me apart. So we have almost the same time serving on our ‘missions’--it is so special for me. Thank you for all that you do and special thanks for the sister who serves at your dinners! Sincerely, Peggy Goodwin, Washington Vancouver Mission Support Chairperson

    ReplyDelete

Sakura Sayonara!